Equality and Diversity
Who is it for?
Anyone wishing to gain a deeper understanding of equality and diversity, the differences between prejudice and discrimination, the impact of equality and diversity in the workplace and practical ways of challenging inappropriate behaviour.
About the workshop
By the end of the workshop participants will have explored:
- Equality and diversity within the workplace including relevant employment law.
- The benefits of diversity.
- The reasons for prejudice and discrimination and their own attitudes, beliefs and values.
- How to challenge prejudice and discrimination .
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Define the term ‘diversity’ and its impact on daily life.
- Explain the primary and secondary dimensions of diversity.
- State the difference between prejudice and discrimination.
- Describe the Iceberg Model and discuss how our environment affects our attitudes, beliefs and values and influences our behaviour.
- Demonstrate methods of challenging inappropriate behaviour.