An Introduction to Human Resources
Who is it for?
Anyone thinking of or moving into an HR role, anyone whose role includes providing HR advice or those taking on more HR responsibilities, such as line managers.
About the workshop
By the end of the workshop participants will have explored:
- The role and responsibilities of HR.
- An overview of HR best practice.
- Employment law.
- Equality and diversity.
- Legal responsibilities of the employer.
- Discipline, redundancy, dismissal and absence management.
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Explain the role and responsibilities of HR.
- Recruit and select the right people.
- Handle sensitive issues such as welfare matters, termination, redundancy, sickness.
- Use HR best practice in your role.
- Demonstrate equality in the workplace.
- Participate in performance management and appraisals.